U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Mar 25, 2023
(a) Before the Appeals Board issues a decision granting, in whole or in part, the relief requested in an appeal, it will make a reasonable effort to notify third persons who will be aggrieved by the decision of the following:
(1) The pendency of the appeal;
(2) The grounds upon which the appeal is based;
(3) The grounds upon which the Appeals Board is considering reversing the initial determination;
(4) The right to submit written comments on the appeal;
(5) The right to request an opportunity to appear in person or through a representative before the Appeals Board and to present witnesses; and
(6) That no further opportunity to present information to PBGC with respect to the initial determination under appeal will be provided.
(b) Written comments and a request to appear before the Appeals Board must be filed within 45 days after the date of the notice from the Appeals Board.
(c) If more than one third party is involved, their participation in the appeal may be consolidated pursuant to the provisions of § 4003.56.