U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Nov 30, 2022
(a) Any person desiring review of a determination referred to in § 501.32, including judicial review, shall make a written request for an administrative hearing to the official who issued the determination at the WHD address appearing on the determination notice, no later than 30 calendar days after the date of issuance of the notice referred to in § 501.32.
(b) No particular form is prescribed for any request for hearing permitted by this part. However, any such request shall:
(1) Be typewritten or legibly written;
(2) Specify the issue or issues stated in the notice of determination giving rise to such request;
(3) State the specific reason or reasons the person requesting the hearing believes such determination is in error;
(4) Be signed by the person making the request or by an authorized representative of such person; and
(5) Include the address at which such person or authorized representative desires to receive further communications relating thereto.
(c) The request for such hearing must be received by the official who issued the determination, at the WHD address appearing on the determination notice, within the time set forth in paragraph (a) of this section. Requests may be made by certified mail or by means normally assuring overnight delivery.
(d) The determination shall take effect on the start date identified in the written notice of determination, unless an administrative appeal is properly filed. The timely filing of an administrative appeal stays the determination pending the outcome of the appeal proceedings, provided that any surety bond remains in effect until the conclusion of any such proceedings.