U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Dec 09, 2022
(a) Certain material is incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, a document must be published in the
(b) SAE International material. The following standards are available from SAE International, 400 Commonwealth Dr., Warrendale, PA 15096-0001, (877) 606-7323 (U.S. and Canada) or (724) 776-4970 (outside the U.S. and Canada), or http://www.sae.org:
(2) SAE J1634, Battery Electric Vehicle Energy Consumption and Range Test Procedure, revised October 2012, IBR approved for § 1066.501(a).
(3) SAE J1711, Recommended Practice for Measuring the Exhaust Emissions and Fuel Economy of Hybrid-Electric Vehicles, Including Plug-In Hybrid Vehicles, revised June 2010, IBR approved for § 1066.501(a).
(5) SAE J2264, Chassis Dynamometer Simulation of Road Load Using Coastdown Techniques, revised January 2014, IBR approved for § 1066.315.
(6) SAE J2711, Recommended Practice for Measuring Fuel Economy and Emissions of Hybrid-Electric and Conventional Heavy-Duty Vehicles, issued September 2002, IBR approved for § 1066.501(a).
(7) SAE J2951, Drive Quality Evaluation for Chassis Dynamometer Testing, revised January 2014, IBR approved for § 1066.425(j).
(c) National Institute of Standards and Technology material. The following documents are available from National Institute of Standards and Technology, 100 Bureau Drive, Stop 1070, Gaithersburg, MD 20899-1070, (301) 975-6478, or www.nist.gov: