U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Mar 20, 2023
Section 205.35 through 205.38 contain State plan requirements for an automated statewide management information system, conditions for FFP and responsibilities of the Administration for Children and Families (ACF). For purposes of §§ 205.35 through 205.38:
(a) A mechanized claims processing and information retrieval system, hereafter referred to as an automated application processing and information retrieval system (APIRS), or the system, means a system of software and hardware used:
(1) To introduce, control and account for data items in providing public assistance under the Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) State plan; and
(2) To retrieve and produce utilization and management information about such aid and services as required by the single State agency and Federal government for program administration and audit purposes.
(b) Planning means:
(1) The preliminary project activity to determine the requirements necessitating the project, the activities to be undertaken, and the resources required to complete the project;
(2) The preparation of an APD;
(3) The preparation of a detailed project plan describing when and how the computer system will be designed and developed; and
(4) The preparation of a detailed implementation plan describing specific training, testing, and conversion plans to install the computer system.
(c) The following terms are defined at 45 CFR part 95, subpart F, § 95.605:
Annually updated advance automatic data processing planning document;
Design or System Design;
Initial advance automatic data processing planning document;