U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Regulations most recently checked for updates: May 30, 2023

§ 1.671 - How do I propose an alternative?

(a) General. To propose an alternative condition, you must:

(1) Be a license party; and

(2) File a written proposal with NFS, at the appropriate address provided in § 1.612(a)(1):

(i) For a case under § 1.601(d)(1), within 30 days after the Forest Service files its preliminary conditions with FERC; or

(ii) For a case under § 1.601(d)(2), within 60 days after the Forest Service files its proposed conditions with FERC.

(b) Content. Your proposal must include:

(1) A description of the alternative, in an equivalent level of detail to the Forest Service's preliminary condition;

(2) An explanation of how the alternative will provide for the adequate protection and utilization of the reservation;

(3) An explanation of how the alternative, as compared to the preliminary condition, will:

(i) Cost significantly less to implement; or

(ii) Result in improved operation of the project works for electricity production;

(4) An explanation of how the alternative will affect:

(i) Energy supply, distribution, cost, and use;

(ii) Flood control;

(iii) Navigation;

(iv) Water supply;

(v) Air quality; and

(vi) Other aspects of environmental quality; and

(5) Specific citations to any scientific studies, literature, and other documented information relied on to support your proposal, including any assumptions you are making (e.g., regarding the cost of energy or the rate of inflation). If any such document is not already in the license proceeding record, you must provide a copy with the proposal.