U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Dec 08, 2022
(a) NRCS will:
(1) Periodically announce opportunities through a simplified competitive process for eligible partners to submit proposals for partnership agreements; and
(2) Make public the criteria that will be used to evaluate proposals for partnership agreements in each announced project selection opportunity, which may include whether NRCS will consider alternative funding arrangements or grant agreements during the selection opportunity or whether proposals seeking alternative funding arrangements or grant agreements will have a separate selection opportunity. These criteria will relate to four principle categories: Impact, partner cash and in-kind contribution, innovation, and project management.
(b) A partnership agreement proposal submitted by the eligible partner must include the following:
(1) The scope of the proposed project, including one or more conservation benefits that the project must achieve;
(2) A plan for monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on progress made toward achieving the project's conservation objectives;
(3) The estimated RCPP funding and other program resources requested for the project including any advance technical assistance for outreach in the project area;
(4) Whether the eligible partner is requesting NRCS to consider the proposal for funding under an alternative funding arrangement or grant agreement under § 1464.25;
(5) Each eligible partner collaborating to achieve project objectives, including their roles, responsibilities, capabilities, and contribution; and
(6) Other information NRCS may identify as necessary to evaluate and select proposals.