U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Sep 24, 2022
(a) An applicant seeking to enter into an agreement with FAS must submit an application, in accordance with this section, that sets forth its proposal to carry out activities under the USDA LRP Program in a proposed target country(ies). An application must contain the items specified in paragraph (b) of this section and any other items required by the notice of funding opportunity and must be submitted electronically to FAS at the address set forth in the notice of funding opportunity.
(b) An applicant must include the following items in its application:
(1) A completed Form SF-424, which is a standard application for Federal assistance;
(2) An introduction and impact analysis, as specified in the notice of funding opportunity;
(3) A plan of operation that contains the elements specified in the notice of funding opportunity;
(4) A summary line item budget and a budget narrative that indicate:
(i) The amount(s) of any FAS-provided funds, program income, and voluntary committed cost sharing or matching contributions that the applicant proposes to use to fund:
(A) Administrative costs;
(B) Commodity procurement costs, including costs for locally and regionally procured commodities, and food vouchers;
(C) Transportation, storage, and handling costs; and
(D) Activity costs;
(ii) Where applicable, how the applicant's indirect cost rate will be applied to each type of expense; and
(iii) The amount of funding that will be provided to each proposed subrecipient under the agreement;
(5) A project-level results framework that outlines the changes that the applicant expects to accomplish through the proposed project and is based on the USDA LRP Program-level results framework;
(6) Unless otherwise specified in the notice of funding opportunity, an evaluation plan that describes the proposed design, methodology, and time frame of the project's evaluation activities, and how the applicant intends to manage these activities, and that will include a baseline study, interim evaluation, final evaluation, and any applicable special studies; and
(7) Any additional required items set forth in the notice of funding opportunity.
(c) Each applicant (unless the applicant has an exception approved by FAS under 2 CFR 25.110(d)) is required to:
(1) Be registered in the System for Award Management (SAM) before submitting its application;
(2) Provide a valid unique entity identifier in its application; and
(3) Continue to maintain an active SAM registration with current information at all times during which it has an active Federal award or an application or plan under consideration by a Federal awarding agency.