U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Regulations most recently checked for updates: Oct 02, 2023

§ 972.209 - Procedure for voluntary conversion of public housing developments to tenant-based assistance.

A PHA that wishes to convert a public housing development to tenant-based assistance must comply with the following process:

(a) The PHA must perform a conversion assessment, in accordance with §§ 972.218–972.224 and submit it to HUD as part of the next PHA Annual Plan submission.

(b) The PHA must prepare a conversion plan, in accordance with § 972.227–972.233, and submit it to HUD, as part of its PHA Annual Plan, within one year after submitting the conversion assessment. The PHA may submit the conversion plan in the same Annual Plan as the conversion assessment.

(c) The PHA may proceed to convert the development if HUD approves the conversion plan.