U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Regulations most recently checked for updates: Mar 27, 2023

§ 500.123 - Property damage insurance required.

(a) When a person who is an employer of a migrant or seasonal agricultural worker provides workers' compensation insurance which protects such worker in the event of bodily injury or death while the worker is being transported, such person must also obtain insurance providing a minimum of $50,000 for loss or damage in any one accident to the property of others (excluding cargo), or evidence of a general liability insurance policy that provides the same protection.

(b) Such person may evidence the purchase of motor carrier insurance or other appropriate insurance providing such property damage protection by obtaining and making available upon request to the Department of Labor a vehicle or other liability certificate of insurance showing that such person has obtained the property damage insurance required under paragraph (a) of this section.

(c) In the absence of the insurance certificate referred to in paragraph (b) of this section, the Department of Labor will look to the actual policy of insurance in determining compliance with paragraph (a) of this section.