U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Oct 05, 2022
(a) Notice to PBGC. A notice of insolvency benefit level required by § 4281.45(a) to be filed with PBGC must contain the information and certification specified in the notice of insolvency benefit level instructions on PBGC's website (www.pbgc.gov).
(b) Notice to participants and beneficiaries in or entering pay status. A notice of insolvency benefit level required by § 4281.45(a) to be delivered to plan participants and beneficiaries in pay status or reasonably expected to enter pay status during the insolvency year must contain all of the following information -
(1) The name of the plan.
(2) The insolvency year for which the notice is being sent.
(3) The monthly benefit that the participant or beneficiary may expect to receive during the insolvency year.
(4) A statement that in subsequent plan years, depending on the plan's available resources, this benefit level may be increased or decreased but not below the level guaranteed by PBGC, and that the participant or beneficiary will be notified in advance of the new benefit level if it is less than the participant's full nonforfeitable benefit under the plan.
(5) The amount of the participant's or beneficiary's monthly nonforfeitable benefit under the plan.
(6) The amount of the participant's or beneficiary's monthly benefit that is guaranteed by PBGC.
(7) The name, address, and telephone number of the plan administrator or other person designated by the plan sponsor to answer inquiries concerning benefits.