U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Regulations most recently checked for updates: Jul 15, 2024

§ 270.220 - How may I transfer my RAP to a new owner or operator?

(a) If you wish to transfer your RAP to a new owner or operator, you must follow the requirements specified in your RAP for RAP modification to identify the new owner or operator, and incorporate any other necessary requirements. These modifications do not constitute “significant” modifications for purposes of § 270.170. The new owner/operator must submit a revised RAP application no later than 90 days before the scheduled change along with a written agreement containing a specific date for transfer of RAP responsibility between you and the new permittees.

(b) When a transfer of ownership or operational control occurs, you as the old owner or operator must comply with the applicable requirements in part 264, subpart H (Financial Requirements), of this chapter until the new owner or operator has demonstrated that he is complying with the requirements in that subpart. The new owner or operator must demonstrate compliance with part 264, subpart H, of this chapter within six months of the date of the change in ownership or operational control of the facility or remediation waste management site. When the new owner/operator demonstrates compliance with part 264, subpart H, of this chapter to the Director, the Director will notify you that you no longer need to comply with part 264, subpart H, of this chapter as of the date of demonstration.