U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Sep 22, 2023
(a) The Federal land manager will evaluate the permit application and analyze impacts in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
(b) The Federal land manager may issue a permit upon determining that:
(1) The applicant possesses the qualifications required by § 49.110;
(2) The permitted activity and any collection that would be made under the proposed permit would further paleontological knowledge, public education, or management of paleontological resources;
(3) The permitted activity would be consistent with the purpose and management objectives defined for the Federal land;
(4) The permitted activity would be conducted in a manner that would avoid or minimize adverse effects to significant natural or cultural resources; and
(5) An approved repository has confirmed in writing that it is willing to accept the collection in accordance with the terms and conditions in the permit.