U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Sep 24, 2023
(a) The administrative law judge's written decision will set forth:
(1) The findings of fact and conclusions of law;
(2) The reasons and bases for the findings; and
(3) An assessment of the penalty, if any.
(b) The amount of any penalty assessed will:
(1) Be determined in accordance with this subpart and subpart G of this part; and
(2) Not be limited by the amount of the penalty assessed by the Federal land manager under § 49.525 or by any offer of mitigation or remission previously made.
(c) The administrative law judge's decision will become effective 31 days from the date of the written decision unless a timely appeal of the decision is filed under § 49.550.