U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Sep 29, 2022
(a) To be eligible for listing on the TPR, an entity must:
(1) Follow a curriculum that meets the applicable criteria set forth in appendices A through E of part 380,
(2) Utilize facilities that meet the criteria set forth in § 380.709;
(3) Utilize vehicles that meet the criteria set forth in § 380.711;
(4) Utilize driver training instructors that meet the criteria set forth in § 380.713;
(5)(i) Be licensed, certified, registered, or authorized to provide training in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations of any State where in-person training is conducted.
(ii) Exception: State qualification requirements otherwise applicable to theory instruction do not apply to providers offering such instruction only online.
(6) Allow FMCSA or its authorized representative to audit or investigate the training provider's operations to ensure that the provider meets the criteria set forth in this section.
(7) Electronically transmit an Entry-Level Driver Training Provider Registration Form through the TPR Web site maintained by FMCSA, which attests that the training provider meets all the applicable requirements of this section, to obtain a unique TPR number. If a training provider has more than one campus or training location, the training provider must electronically transmit an Entry-Level Driver Training Provider Registration Form for each campus or training location in order to obtain a unique TPR number for each location.
(b) When a provider meets the requirements of §§ 380.703 and 380.707, FMCSA will issue the provider a unique TPR number and, as applicable, add the provider's name and/or contact information to the TPR Web site.