U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Regulations most recently checked for updates: Oct 07, 2022

§ 839.803 - If I am like the person in the previous question, but the amount I paid as deductions under CSRS is more than the amount of combined retirement deductions and Social Security taxes due for my new retirement coverage, will I get a refund of the excess?

Yes, either OPM or your employer, as appropriate, will issue the payment in accordance with OPM instructions.