U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Regulations most recently checked for updates: Mar 22, 2023

§ 894.507 - After I'm enrolled, may I change from one dental or vision plan or plan option to another?

(a) You may change from one dental plan to another, and/or from one vision plan to another, or you may change from one plan option to another option in that same plan:

(1) During the annual open season;

(2) When you get married (except for TEIs who are unremarried survivors, TEI former spouses, and TEI children); or

(3) For employees, when you return to Federal employment after being on leave without pay if you did not have Federal dental or vision coverage prior to going on leave without pay, or your coverage was terminated or canceled during your period of leave without pay.

(b)(1) If you are enrolled in a dental or vision plan with a geographically restricted service area, and you or a covered eligible family member or TEI family member move out of the service area, you may change to a different dental or vision plan that serves that area.

(2) You may make this change at any time before or after the move, once you or a covered eligible family member or TEI family member has a new address.

(3) The enrollment change is effective the first day of the pay period following the pay period in which you make the change.

(4) You may not change your type of enrollment unless you also have a QLE that allows you to change your type of enrollment.

[83 FR 58179, Nov. 19, 2018]