U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Sep 24, 2023
(a) To register, an RPL eligible must:
(1) Meet the eligibility conditions under § 330.203(a) or (b);
(2) Complete an RPL application prescribed by the current or former agency and keep the agency informed of any significant changes in the information provided; and
(3) Submit the RPL application on or before the RIF separation date or, if an RPL eligible under § 330.203(b), within 30 calendar days after the:
(i) Date injury compensation benefits cease; or
(ii) Date the Department of Labor denies an appeal for continuation of injury compensation benefits.
(b) RPL eligibles may register and receive placement priority for positions for which they are qualified and that:
(1) Have a representative rate no higher than the position from which they were, or will be, separated unless the eligible was demoted as a tenure group I or II employee in a previous RIF. If the eligible was so demoted, the eligible can register for positions with a representative rate up to the representative rate of the position held on a permanent appointment immediately before the RIF demotion was effective;
(2) Have no greater promotion potential than the position from which they were, or will be, separated; and
(3) Have the same type of work schedule as the position from which they were, or will be, separated.