U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Oct 04, 2022
(a) After a 508(h) submission is approved by the Board, and prior to it being made available for sale to producers:
(1) The following must be executed, as applicable:
(i) If required by FCIC, an agreement between the applicant and FCIC that specifies:
(A) In addition to the requirements in § 400.709, responsibilities of each with respect to the implementation, delivery and maintenance of the 508(h) submission; and
(B) The required timeframes for submitting any information and documentation needed to administer the approved 508(h) submission;
(ii) A reinsurance agreement if the approved submission does not meet, or is not expected to perform in a financial manner consistent with the terms and conditions of the Standard Reinsurance Agreement or any other existing reinsurance agreement offered by FCIC in effect for the crop year, and that considers the interests of all participating AIPs; and
(iii) A training package to facilitate implementation of the approved 508(h) submission;
(2) The Board may limit the availability of coverage, for any policy or plan of insurance developed under the authority of the Act and this regulation, on any farm or in any county or area;
(3) A 508(h) submission approved by the Board under this subpart will be made available to all approved insurance providers under the same reinsurance, subsidy, and terms and conditions as received by the applicant;
(4) Any solicitation, sales, marketing, or advertising of the approved 508(h) submission by the applicant before FCIC has made the policy materials available to all interested parties through its official issuance system will result in the denial of reinsurance, risk subsidy, and A&O subsidy for those policies affected; and
(5) The property rights to the 508(h) submission will automatically transfer to FCIC if the applicant elects not to maintain the 508(h) submission under § 400.712(a)(3) or fails to notify FCIC of its decision to elect or not elect maintenance of the program under § 400.712(l).
(b) Requirements and procedures for approved index-based weather plans of insurance are contained in Procedures Handbook 17050 - Approved Procedures for Submission of Index-based Weather Plans of Insurance. In accordance with the Board approved procedures, index-based weather plans of insurance are not eligible for federal reinsurance, but may be approved for risk subsidy and A&O subsidy.