U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Oct 07, 2022
(a) A person or legal entity may obtain reconsideration and review of determinations made under this part in accordance with the appeal regulations set forth in part 780 of this title. With respect to the appeals, the applicable reviewing authority will:
(1) Schedule a hearing with respect to the appeal within 45 days following receipt of the written appeal and
(2) Issue a determination within 60 days following the hearing.
(b) The time limitations provided in paragraph (a) will not apply if:
(1) The appellant, or the appellant's representative, requests a postponement of the scheduled hearing;
(2) The appellant, or the appellant's representative, requests additional time following the hearing to present additional information or a written closing statement;
(3) The appellant has not timely presented information to the reviewing authority; or
(4) An investigation by the Office of Inspector General is ongoing or a court proceeding is involved that affects the amount of payments a person may receive.
(c) If the deadlines provided in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section are not met, the relief sought by the producer's appeal will be granted for the applicable crop year unless the Deputy Administrator determines that the producer did not follow the farm operating plan initially presented to the county committee for the year that is the subject of the appeal.
(d) An appellant may waive the provisions of paragraphs (a) and (b) of this section.