U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Aug 18, 2022
(a) A CMA shall maintain records for each MAL or LDP commodity showing the quantity:
(1) Received from each member and nonmember;
(2) Eligible for MALs and LDPs;
(3) By quality factors specified in the applicable commodity regulations including class, grade, and quality, where applicable; and
(4) Of unprocessed inventory broken down by items 1 through 3 above.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this section, inventory must be allocated in the following manner until all inventory in a loan pool is depleted:
(1) For processed commodities, the pool's inventory must be adjusted when the commodity is withdrawn from inventory for processing; and
(2) For commodities that are not processed, the pool's inventory must be allocated to the pool and the pool's inventories adjusted when the commodity is shipped.
(c) Records of loan and non-loan pool dispositions do not have to be maintained separately when sales proceeds from pools are allocated according to the quantity and quality of commodity in the pools.