U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Oct 05, 2022
(a) Except as otherwise provided in this subpart, NRCS will only provide technical and financial assistance to producers through program contracts as described in subpart C of this part.
(b) Notwithstanding the restriction set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, NRCS may provide technical and financial assistance to a partner:
(1) Where the partnership agreement is funded through an alternative funding arrangement or grant agreement under § 1464.25; or
(2) Pursuant to a supplemental agreement executed in furtherance of a partnership agreement, as set forth in § 1464.26.
(c) Notwithstanding the restriction set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, pursuant to a partnership agreement or supplemental agreement, NRCS may provide funding to a partner for technical assistance for an eligible purpose, such as:
(1) Providing outreach and education for potential participation in the project;
(2) Establishing baseline metrics to support the development of the assessment required under § 1464.22(d)(6); or
(3) Providing technical assistance to producers.
(d) Notwithstanding the restriction set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, NRCS may enter into third-party contracts or agreements to meet its responsibilities under the program using program funding.
(e) Any funding provided by NRCS under paragraphs (a) through (d) of this section will count against the total amount of funding that NRCS agreed to provide to the project under the terms of the partnership agreement.