U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Oct 07, 2022
(a) The benchmark condition inventory and associated case file information must include:
(1) A map, aerial photograph, or overlay that delineates the entire agricultural operation, including land use and acreage;
(2) A description of the applicant's production system(s) on the agricultural operation to be enrolled;
(3) The existing conservation practices and resource concerns, problems, and opportunities on the operation;
(4) Other information needed to document existing conservation treatment and activities, such as, grazing management, nutrient management, pest management, and irrigation water management plans;
(5) A description of the significant resource concerns and other resource concerns that the applicant is willing to address in their contract through the adoption of new conservation practices and measures; and,
(6) A list of enhancements that the applicant may be willing to undertake as part of their contract.
(b) Conservation stewardship plan. (1) The conservation stewardship plan and associated case file information must include:
(i) To the extent practicable, a quantitative and qualitative description of the conservation and environmental benefits that the conservation stewardship contract will achieve;
(ii) A plan map showing the acreage to be enrolled in CSP;
(iii) A verified benchmark condition inventory as described in § 1469.7(a);
(iv) A description of the significant resource concerns and other resource concerns to be addressed in the contract through the adoption of new conservation measures;
(v) A description and implementation schedule of -
(A) Individual conservation practices and measures to be maintained during the contract, consistent with the requirements for the tier(s) of participation and the relevant resource concerns and with the requirements of the sign-up,
(B) Individual conservation practices and measures to be installed during the contract, consistent with the requirements for the tier(s) of participation and the relevant resource concerns,
(C) Eligible enhancement activities as selected by the applicant and approved by NRCS, and
(D) A schedule for transitioning to higher tier(s) of participation, if applicable;
(vi) A description of the conservation activities that is required for a contract to include a transition to a higher tier of participation;
(vii) Information that will enable evaluation of the effectiveness of the plan in achieving its environmental objectives; and
(viii) Other information determined appropriate by NRCS and described to the applicant.
(2) The conservation stewardship plan may be developed with assistance from NRCS or NRCS-certified Technical Service Providers.
(3) All additional conservation practices in the conservation stewardship plan for which new practice payments will be provided must be carried out in accordance with the applicable NRCS FOTG.