U.S. Code of Federal Regulations

Regulations most recently checked for updates: Jun 02, 2023

§ 1.217 - Where must I send my demand?

(a) Except for subpoenas served in accordance with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure, or applicable state procedure as appropriate, you must send your demand, including all information required by § 1.214 of this subpart, to:

(1) The Office of the General Counsel at 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20250, Attention: “Touhy Demands,” or by electronic mail to OGC-Touhy-Demands@usda.gov and

(2) The United States Department of Agriculture agency office from which the official information or testimony is sought.

(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this section, a demand for Office of Inspector General information or testimony must be sent to the Counsel to the Inspector General, United States Department of Agriculture, Attention: “Touhy Demands,” at 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Mail Stop 2308, Washington, DC 20250–2308; by facsimile to (202) 690–1528; or by electronic mail to OIG.TOUHY-DEMANDS@oig.usda.gov.

[84 FR 56100, Oct. 21, 2019, as amended at 87 FR 25571, May 2, 2022]