U.S. Code of Federal Regulations
Regulations most recently checked for updates: Aug 10, 2022
(a) Filing and contents of the notice of hearing. A proceeding under this subpart shall be instituted by the Secretary or designee through filing the notice of hearing with the hearing clerk. The notice of hearing shall state:
(1) The legal authority under which the rule is proposed.
(2) The scope and nature of the hearing, including witness instructions for testifying, including the means and timing of the submission of pre-hearing documents, and scheduling, as necessary.
(3) The terms or substance of the proposed rule or a description of the subjects and issues involved.
(4) The time and place of such hearing.
(5) The final date for notification of intent to participate as a party or witness in the hearing pursuant to § 1.804.
(6) The person to whom notification of intent to participate as a party or witness is to be provided pursuant to § 1.804, and the means by which such notifications are to be provided.
(7) Any alternative procedures established pursuant to paragraph (d) of this section.
(b) Giving notice of hearing. (1) The Administrator shall give or cause to be given notice of hearing in the following manner:
(i) By publication of the notice of hearing in the
(ii) By posting of the notice of hearing to the USDA Web site.
(2) Legal notice of the hearing shall be deemed to be given if notice is given in the manner provided by paragraph (b)(1)(i) of this section.
(c) Record of notice. A copy of the notice of hearing published in the
(d) Alternative procedures. The Administrator may establish alternative procedures for the proceeding that are in addition to or in lieu of one or more procedures in this subpart, provided that the procedures are consistent with 5 U.S.C. 556 and 557. The alternative procedures must be described in the notice of hearing, as required in paragraph (a)(7) of this section.