The Bank Holding Company Act of 1956, referred to in subsecs. (a), (c), and (d), is act May 9, 1956, ch. 240, 70 Stat. 133, which is classified principally to chapter 17 (§ 1841 et seq.) of this title. Section 4(l)(1)(C) of the Act was redesignated section 4(l)(1)(D) by Pub. L. 111–203, title VI, § 606(a)(2),
For definition of “this chapter”, referred to in subsec. (c), see References in Text note set out under section 3101 of this title.
1999—Subsec. (c)(3). Pub. L. 106–102 added par. (3).
1991—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 102–242 substituted “to such provisions” for “thereto, except that any such foreign bank or company shall not by reason of this subsection be deemed a bank holding company for purposes of section 3 of the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956”.
1987—Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 100–86 designated existing provisions as par. (1) and added par. (2).
1982—Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 97–320, § 704, inserted “or on the date of the establishment of a branch in a State an application for which was filed on or before
Pub. L. 97–320, § 705(a), substituted provision that the term “domestically-controlled affiliate covered in 1978” shall mean an affiliate organized under the laws of the United States or any State thereof if no foreign bank or group of foreign banks acting in concert owns or controls, directly or indirectly, 45 per centum or more of its voting shares, and no more than 20 per centum of the number of directors as established from time to time to constitute the whole board of directors and 20 per centum of the executive officers of such affiliate are persons affiliated with any such foreign bank, for provision that it meant any affiliate the majority of whose voting shares was owned by a company or group of companies organized under the laws of the United States or any State thereof, if it had been under continuous domestic majority-controlling ownership since
Pub. L. 97–320, § 705(b), substituted “since
Amendment by Pub. L. 106–102 effective 120 days after