1960—Pub. L. 86–624 substituted “the United States and its island possessions” for “the Territories and island possessions of the United States”.
United States Fish and Wildlife Service, consisting of Bureau of Commercial Fisheries and Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife, succeeded and replaced Fish and Wildlife Service of Department of the Interior under provisions of Fish and Wildlife Act of 1956, as originally provided in section 742b(a) and (d) of this title.
Pub. L. 85–887,
“Secretary of Commerce” substituted for “Secretary of the Interior, through the United States Fish and Wildlife Service of the Department of the Interior,” in view of: creation of National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration in Department of Commerce and Office of Administrator of such Administration; abolition of Bureau of Commercial Fisheries in Department of the Interior and Office of Director of such Bureau; transfers of functions, including functions formerly vested by law in Secretary of the Interior or Department of the Interior which were administered through Bureau of Commercial Fisheries or were primarily related to such Bureau, exclusive of certain enumerated functions with respect to Great Lakes fishery research, Missouri River Reservoir research, Gulf Breeze Biological Laboratory, and Trans-Alaska pipeline investigations; and transfer of marine sport fish program of Bureau of Sport Fisheries and Wildlife by Reorg. Plan No. 4 of 1970, eff.
For transfer of functions of other officers, employees, and agencies of Department of the Interior, with certain exceptions, to Secretary of the Interior, with power to delegate, see Reorg. Plan No. 3 of 1950, §§ 1, 2, eff.