United States Code

USC most recently checked for updates: Apr 19, 2024

§ 14.
Money accruing to Indians from Department of Veterans Affairs or other governmental agencies

Any money accruing from the Department of Veterans Affairs or other governmental agency to incompetent adult Indians, or minor Indians, who are recognized wards of the Federal Government, for whom no legal guardians or other fiduciaries have been appointed may be paid, in the discretion of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs, or other head of a governmental bureau or agency, having such funds for payment, to such superintendent or other bonded officer of the Indian Service as the Secretary of the Interior shall designate, for the use of such beneficiaries, or to be paid to or used for, the heirs of such deceased beneficiaries, to be handled and accounted for by him with other moneys under his control, in accordance with existing law and the regulations of the Department of the Interior.

(Feb. 25, 1933, ch. 124, 47 Stat. 907; Pub. L. 102–54, § 13(j)(1), June 13, 1991, 105 Stat. 276.)
cite as: 25 USC 14